Are you currently working with industry sponsors or would you like to identify potential company sponsors for your research?
Here’s how Industry Alliances supports our faculty and staff:
- We can assist you when you have questions about to how to start, facilitate and/or manage a research partnership with a company
- We can assist you by connecting you to potential industry partners for purposes of funding research, recruiting, speaking opportunities, etc.
- We can assist you in arranging visits with current and potential industry partners
- We can assist you in identifying the correct funding mechanism for your research
- We can assist you in the coordination and management of the research partnership
Faculty and Staff Resources
- Common Areas of Negotiation: This document is meant to describe NC State University’s positions on topics that are often challenges in negotiation of University-Industry research agreements. The negotiation of research agreements and any intellectual property terms are the responsibility of NC State University’s office of Sponsored Programs and Regulatory Compliance (SPARCS) and Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) under the advice of Office of General Counsel.
- Types of Agreements: Sponsored Programs + Regulatory Compliance (SPARCS) is responsible for the negotiation of NC State University agreements.
- Protect your intellectual property: The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) is responsible for the management and protection of University intellectual property.
- Confidentiality & Material Transfer Agreements: The Office of Technology Commercialization and New Ventures (OTCNV) manages CDAs and MTAs for the University and a University authorized signatory signs these agreements not individual faculty.
- Conflict of interests: Sponsored Programs + Regulatory Compliance (SPARCS) should be consulted if there are questions regarding conflict of interests.